Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Inconvenience

So, on Tuesday we noticed that there were signs all over our street and surrounding streets telling us that our neighborhood streets were going to be repaved in the next few days. My question is, why do they need repaved? There are no pot holes, there are no cracks, no obvious signs of wear.
So, our street gets paved tomorrow and we can't park on our street (or in our driveways if we want to go anywhere tomorrow) between 7am and 5pm. I'm going to have to park a 1/2 a mile away just to be able to be carpool mom tomorrow. The poor kids will have to walk 1/2 a mile just to go to preschool tomorrow.
Can you tell I'm a little upset? And as I sit here, i can't go get a prime street parking spot because there is no one else here to watch my kids. So, when hubby comes home tonight at 11p, I'll get my chance to drive down to the bottom of the hill to park my car. Which will probably get broken into while parked on the street a 1/2 a mile away from my house...all because our street that is perfectly paved is getting repaved. Go figure.

No comments: