Friday, January 9, 2009

Cooking

So a girlfriend of mine started a new blog, all about cooking. She's got a way with words that just makes me laugh out loud! She's inspired me to start cooking again. Now, I love cooking, it comes easy to me but it's hard to cook for just me and the kids. My hubby works late and is never home for dinner. Most nights, it's 5pm, the kids are screaming and I'm kicking myself for not planning ahead. I end up pulling out the hotdogs or the chicken nuggets because it's quick and easy...but unfortunately not very nutritious.
Thanks B for reminding me that cooking doesn't require a master's degree or a program on the Food Network. A little planning ahead and a homemade meal CAN be on the table at 5:30p. Tonight, it's homemade split pea soup from the crockpot!

No comments: