Thursday, November 19, 2009

A New Chapter

Our family, extended and immediate is entering into a new chapter. In 1987, my family moved from VA to CA. An exciting time for a 14 year old. Leaving the country setting to move to the hustle and bustle of Southern California. I went through 3 years of highschool and 4 years of college, met my husband, got married and had 3 kids. So, here we are in 2009.
Just a few days ago, my Dad accepted a new job at Patrick Henry College in VA. This time, they are moving without me! We've never been more than 45 minutes from each other. It will be so odd to not be able to call Shasha and say, "Mom, I have to come over and let the kids run in your back yard. I'm about to lose my mind."
Yesterday, I decided to break the news to Gabby, knowing that the news would break her heart. She would need time to get used to idea. She broke down in tears and could barely speak. In between sobs I heard her say, "I'm not going to see Shasha and Papa anymore." We hugged and talked about the trip we're tying to plan to visit them in May 2010.

After I put the boys to bed last night, I went into Gabby's room to tuck her in and I found her drawing and writing. She handed me this:


I think it says it all.

Shasha and Papa, we'll miss you SO much but are thrilled for your new opportunity. While you're looking for a new house, we only have one request. Please be sure there are enough bedrooms for all of us! We love you!

No comments: