Thursday, February 14, 2008

Trying to find a Nanny

You wouldn't think it hard to find a college girl to come play with your kids a few hours a day, but let me tell you...it's really difficult!
I've posted my "nanny" job at 2 churches and 3 colleges and have only had 3 responses! My first response was a gal who was very qualified, but she told me she gets a minimum of $25/hr. I kid you not! She was of course turned down. If she makes $25/hr playing with someone's kids, I'm in the wrong business.
The second gal seems like a good prospect, although she wanted a few more $'s an hour. I compromised as best I could and I"m waiting to hear back from her.
The third gal was in highschool and was perfectly qualified, she just couldn't get here early enough to make it worth my while.
My other option is to hire a nanny service to find me a good, Christian nanny. They want a pretty penny though...1 months salary. AND they want approx. $18/hr for 3 kids. Amazing how much child care costs.
Maybe the Lord is trying to tell me that I'm not supposed to be working? Seems odd as I've got this GREAT work at home opportunity and the company is SO flexible and willing to wait for me to get this child care situation worked out. I don't know what to think about it all.

No comments: