Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread



I always have zucchini on hand. It's an easy vegetable to hide in just about anything. Pancakes, spaghetti sauce and of course bread. I was going through my vegetable bin last night and found a few left over zucchini. Some of them were too mushy to use, but I found 2 that could be saved.
This morning, I made Paula Deen's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. I followed the recipe exactly except for omitting the orange zest only because I didn't have any. Reviewers had mixed thoughts about the zest but probably the zest gives the bread a little something extra. I bet the little something extra is YUM!
With or without the zest, the bread was delish! The kids gobbled it up and my 3 year old said, "Mommy, I don't even taste the kini"
Enjoy!

No comments: