Sunday, April 19, 2009

Little AppleSauce Muffins

While the stomach flu kids were taking a well deserved cat nap, I decided to whip up some muffins. The kids aren't eating anything and I thought these might be light enough for their sensitive tummies.
The recipe comes from The Lancaster County Cookbook. Those ladies from Lancaster really know how to cook!

1/2 c margarine (I used butter)
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
3/4 c applesauce
1 3/4 c flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c margarine (i used butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1. In large bowl, cream together 1/2 c margarine and 1/2 c sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in applesauce.
2. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed just enough to moisten. Spoon into greased miniature muffin cups.
3. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
4. Melt 1/2 cup margarine and pour into a small bowl.
5. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in another bowl.
6. While muffins are still warm, dip tops into melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.

I baked my muffins in my Demarle mini muffin pan. I just love everything from Demarle

I love how there is no greasing needed EVER! and everything bakes evenly, browns nicely and pops out perfectly every time!


I didn't use all of the butter or cinnamon sugar mixture but that might be because this recipe only made 20 mini muffins in the Demarle pan. Those Lancaster ladies must have extra mini muffin pans because the recipe said it would make 3 dozen muffins!

No comments: